Foothills of Himalayas 11 nights
Enjoy the buzz of city streets and majestic views of stunning mountains - all on one trip when you explore the foothills of the Himalayas. Spend 12 days travelling through Delhi, Shimla, Taragarh, Dharamsala, Paragpur and Amritsar. Start the trip by experiencing the hustle and bustle of India with a whistle stop sightseeing tour of Delhi. Take selfies at famous sites including Jama Masjid, and Red Fort, but then buckle up for an exhilarating rickshaw ride across Old Delhi. You will even have time to stop at the famous Chandani Chowk market to buy souvenirs. If its pomp and ceremony you’re after, then this holiday won’t let you down. See the colourful Dalai Lama Temple, in Dharamsala, then days later enjoy the pageantry of the guard ceremony at Wagah Border in Amritsar. There will be plenty of time to explore the cities as you wish or to simply relax inside your luxury hotels including the Taragarh Palace Hotel. This belongs to the royal family of Jammu & Kashmir and stands at the foot of the Dhauladhar Mountains – offering splendid views of the surrounding snow-capped peaks.
At Namaste Travel we work hard to ensure the journey, and not just the destination, is memorable. That is why you will enjoy the thrill of travelling on a train from Delhi to Kalka. See the glorious landscape of India as you travel in comfort inside an air conditioned carriage. This holiday includes flights, hotels, meet and greet services, breakfast with a vegetarian option, as well as half board in Taragarh.
Full day sightseeing tour of Delhi
Sightseeing tour of Shimla visiting Vice regal Lodge
Visit Gaiety Theater
Sightseeing tour of Dharamsala
Visit the ceremony at Wagah Border
Sightseeing tour of Amritsar visiting Golden temple and Jallianwalla Bagh
• Return economy flights on Jet Airways from London Heathrow
• Hotel accommodation on twin sharing basis inclusive of breakfast at all places
• Meet & Greet services by our representatives upon arrival and departure
• Arrival and departure transfers by air-conditioned vehicle as per itinerary
• Local English Speaking guide for sightseeing as per itinerary
• Single entry to the monuments
• Rickshaw ride in Old Delhi
• Train fare for Delhi – Kalka sector in AC Chair Car
• Mineral water in vehicle for the complete trip
• All applicable Government taxes
What is not included
• Any additional meal.
• Any item of personal nature like telephone calls, room services, laundry, drinks etc.
• Any additional sightseeing / transport requirements.
• Vegetarian meals are available with all our tour packages
Prices are per person based on twin share. Pricing is subject to availability and change. Terms and conditions apply.
For more information on any of our holidays featured or to book, please call us on: 0207 725 6765